Thursday, February 17, 2011

So close!

My four week challenge came to an end on Monday. My partner and I stayed totally focused the whole month. On Sunday, we acted like wrestlers (no salt, little water, lots of cardio). We woke up Monday morning, ran for an hour, did the stair stepper, and then sat in the sauna for 10 minutes before our weigh in. I'm happy to report all of our effort paid off. I lost 22 pounds in 4 weeks! My partner lost 14! And even though some father/son team swooped in to claim the top prize (losing crazy amounts of weight), I am still way excited for the results. I'm down a full size, my clothes fit so much better, I am back to top running form, and feel so healthy! We allowed ourselves a cheat day after the weigh in and I can say this, eating the food I wanted can NEVER compare to the feeling I got seeing I had lost the weight I did. It is so true, "nothing tastes as good as thin feels".

So, although I was bummed we didn't win the first leg, I still have another challenge in the works until April 4th and will continue on...... It is sooooooooooooo worth it!

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small compared to what lies within us" Ralph Waldo Emerson.


1 comment: